Fresh warm doughnut holes rolled in sugar- an unique Portuguese recipe.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time four minutes
Total Time 34 minutes
Servings 80 doughnut holes
Keyword felozes, portuguese donuts, portuguese doughnuts
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 cup all aim flour
- 4 huge eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- pinch of salt
- canola oil, for frying
- granulated white sugar, for rolling
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, then turn off the warmth and stir within the flour. Stir till the combination types a ball. Move the batter to a medium bowl and allow cool.
- Use an electrical mixer to beat within the eggs, one at a time. Add lemon extract and a pinch of salt.
- Fill a medium pot with about 3 inches of canola or vegetable oil and warmth over medium-high warmth till it reaches a temperature of 375 degrees. See Recipe Notes underneath when you do not have a thermometer to verify the temperature.
- Drop the doughnut batter into the hot oil with the aid of means of teaspoon (no larger than an real teaspoon simply due to the fact they'll puff up much whereas cooking). You can fry about 15 doughnuts at a time. Fry till they're calmly browned all around. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain.
- Roll in sugar whereas the doughnuts are nonetheless warm, and serve immediately.
- If you do not have a thermometer for checking the temperature of the oil: Use the deal with of a wood spoon. When the oil has preheated, dip the deal with of a wood spoon into the oil. If the oil begins regularly bubbling, then the oil is hot sufficient for frying. If the oil bubbles very very vigorously, then the oil is just too hot and desires to cool off a touch.
Serving: 1doughnut | Calories: 15kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Fresh warm doughnut
4/ 5Oleh aa