Easiest Cinnamon Crunch Knots for Easter weekend…and each one different weekend after.
Easiest Cinnamon Crunch Knots for Easter from Half Baked Harvest on Vimeo. Hey, hi and happiest Friday! Can you guys trust it’s Easter weekend? It pretty snuck up on me this yr and because it's been snowing all week lengthy (ugh, I want I was joking) it doesn’t pretty particularly sense like Easter all that much. Hoping the snow clears for a sunny weekend, but both method I’m excited to grasp with my family, movie new recipe videos, and hopefully discover a few Malley’s Easter bunnies in Asher’s Easter basket (because Malley’s is the best…Ohio folks you understand what I’m speaking about).
In different very random news, my favourite vegan, legit private stylist, HBH’s social media manager, who's also recognized as my brother Kai’s girlfriend Caitlin, is turning twenty-one tomorrow!
For these of you above the age of twenty-one, who remembers their twenty-first birthday? It’s variety of a huge one, but you guys, I heavily can't count what I did for my twenty-first. I trust I’ve stated this before, but my birthday has through no means been anything I in truth have appeared ahead to. Ever since I hit my teenagers it’s been anything I dreaded rather of appeared ahead to. I know, I am so weird, but I am just now not huge on having all of the attention on me, which I detect doesn’t pretty make sense considering what I do for a career.
Anyway, I can’t count what I did on my twenty-first. Kind of lame huh? What did you guys do?
Also, let’s all want Cait a in truth pleased birthday simply due to the fact she’s absolutely going to be studying the comments!
Double also, I ought to possibly make her a vegan and sugar-free birthday cake, huh? Hmm, that may also also just well be tricky, but considering I ought to now not less than try, would anybody else be interested in a cake like this?
OK. Moving proper alongside now.
Let’s discuss about these cinnamon crunch knots, which may well be in no method vegan or sugar-free (sorry Cait).
I placed out a notice on Instagram stories this week asking you all what recipes you’d want to see. The overwhelming reaction was quick, simple, easy, minimum ingredients, and healthy…ish recipes. The nice data for me (and you!) is that I variety of already knew here's what you guys wanted, which is why I am sharing these cinnamon knots today. I needed to depart you with an basic choice for Easter brunching and snacking, and these cinnamon knots are that recipe.
They require only pantry staple meals and may possibly possibly be made and able to cross in beneath and hour.
You see? Easy.
Here’s how these fun knots work. The dough is in truth anything you may possibly also be stunned by, but I promise it works. We are utilizing pizza dough to make these knots. Yes, pizza dough! Homemade, speedy and basic pizza dough, that's so easy. I’m speaking simpler than heading to the shop and selecting up a few pre-made dough. All you desire is flour, water, honey, and immediate yeast. Just mix, permit sit for a bit, and you’re able to make your knots.
What I love about making these knots is that they're knots. Meaning, the extra imperfect they're the better, so don’t rigidity about how they look. Trust me, as soon as they bake up they shall be delicious, and pretty, simply due to the fact cinnamon sugar has that impact on everything.
The key to the ones knots? That crunchy, cinnamon, sugar topping.
Have you guys ever had the Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagels? They used to be my favourite (no Paneras up here), and their crunchy topping impressed the topping on these knots. You guys, the topping takes these cinnamon knots to one other level. SO delicious.
And guys? That’s it. So simple, but so, so, so good. There’s now not a consumer within the international that would in contrast to the ones (well, there may possibly also be folks who wouldn’t consume these, but everybody would like these). I mean, they’re just such a vintage pairing that pretty can do no wrong, you know?
Make these for Easter this week, but be certain to preserve the recipe on your once more pocket to brighten up your weekends ahead!
4.28 from 389 votes
Nutritional data is solely an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional data for any recipe in this web web website isn't guaranteed.
These knots require only pantry staple meals and may possibly possibly be made and able to cross in beneath and hour.
2 1/2 - 3cupswhite entire wheat or all-purpose flour, plus extra as needed
1packet(2 1/4 teaspoons) immediate yeast(see notes for no yeast option)
1cupwarm water or warm milk
7tablespoonssalted butter, at room temperature
2tablespoonscream cheese at room temperature
1teaspoonpure vanilla extract
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with the dough hook, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, the immediate yeast, and salt. Add the milk or water, honey, and 1 tablespoon butter. Knead on medium velocity till the dough comes together, 1-2 minutes, including in extra flour, as needed, till the dough pulls clear of the facets of the bowl and is smooth. Cover and permit rise in a warm area for 30 minutes to now not less than one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 ranges F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, combine the granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
4. On a floured surface, roll the dough out suitable into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick, including flour to the dough if it's sticky. Spread the dough with four tablespoons butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Fold the dough in half and cut into 12 strips. Twist each one strip after which tie suitable into a free knot, it does now not have to be perfect. Place at the willing baking sheet.
5. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir the melted butter collectively with the closing 2 teaspoons cinnamon and the brown sugar. Spoon clumps of the brown sugar blend over the knots (see above photo). This goes to be your "crunch" layer.
6. Transfer to the oven and bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and operating quickly, closely spoon any of the brown sugar that has melted off once more over the rolls. It does now not have to seem perfect. Return to the oven and proceed baking one other 8-10 minutes, till golden.
7. Meanwhile, make the Glaze. In a medium bowl, beat collectively the powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons water till soft and combined. If needed, thin the glaze through including water, 1 tablespoon at a time, till desired consistency is reached.
8. Drizzle glaze over the knots, if desired. Enjoy!
No Yeast Option: If you don't have entry to yeast or merely can't use, you may also also just omit the yeast and rather use 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda, brought with the flour. You can skip the growing and rather just permit the dough relaxation 30 minutes, then roll, relaxation once more one other 15-20 minutes, then bake. The rolls shall be slightly much less fluffy, but shall be great!