- Servings: 26 macaroons
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 14-oz bag sweetened flaked coconut, akin to Baker's Angel Flake (see note)
- 7/8 cup sweetened condensed milk (see notice beneath on measurement)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 enormous eggs whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finest first-rate akin to Ghirardelli, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Set NULL oven racks close to the heart of the oven. Line NULL baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend collectively the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electrical mixer, beat the egg whites and salt till stiff peaks form. Use a enormous rubber spatula to fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or NULL spoons, variety heaping tablespoons of the combination into mounds at the ready baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, rotating the pans from upper to backside and entrance to back, till the tops and edges are golden. Let cool at the pans for simply a number of minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If dipping the macaroons in chocolate, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at medium power, stopping and stirring at 30 moment intervals, till simply gentle and creamy. (Alternatively, melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.) Dip the bottoms of the macaroons within the chocolate, letting any extra drip again into the bowl, and return to the lined baking sheets. Place the macaroons within the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to permit the chocolate to set. The cookies preserve nicely in an hermetic container at room temperature for about a week.
- Note: There is much of variability in coconut depending at the model you purchase. For the finest results, I suggest Baker's Angel Flake (see package deal deal within the primary image on this page).
- Note: 7/8 cup = 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- Note: Make certain to make use of parchment paper (NOT wax paper) at the baking sheets. The macaroons will follow wax paper.
Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The macaroons could be frozen for as much as 3 months. Let them cool totally and shop in an hermetic container separating layers with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Before serving, take away the cookies from the container and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Powered with the aid of way of Edamam
- Serving size:1 macaroon (nutritional information consists of elective chocolate)
Saturated fat:6 g
Nutritional Data Disclaimer
GLUTEN-FREE ADAPTABLE NOTE
- To the finest of my knowledge, all the meals used on this recipe are gluten-free or extensively handy in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in lots of foods; if you are following a gluten-free eating regimen or cooking for human being with gluten allergies, all the time learn the labels of your meals to examine that they're gluten-free.
SEE MORE RECIPES:
- CookiesDessertsFreezer-FriendlyGluten-Free AdaptableHolidaysMake-AheadMost PopularAmericanJewishAfter School SnackAll SeasonsChocolateChristmasCoconutEasterPassoverSweetened Condensed Milk
4/ 5Oleh aa